Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Beauty Product Review : Olay "Total Effects 7-in-1 Body Wash


Olay : Total Effects 7-in-1 Body Wash
Beauty Stars
: 4

Review : I actually received the Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Body Wash as a sample bottle from my brother. Somehow he had a few bottles, so it lasted me quite a long time.  If you read the bottle, it says it has 7 anti-aging properties :

1) improves elasticity
2) moisturizes
3) locks in moisture
4) brightens dull skin
5) smoothes rough skin
6) minimizes the appearance of dry lines
7) evens skin tone

Does it really do all of the above? Hm…I couldn’t really tell the difference. Perhaps this is something you have to use long-term to see its full effect. Also, I used it during the winter season when my skin was at its driest.  I still experienced a bit of skin flaking at certain areas.  I had a few small eczema patches, as well as dryness on the soles of my feet, so I had to apply extra moisturizer on those areas after I showered.  But I think regardless, during the dry winter months, you’re gonna have to slather moisturizer on no matter what due to the central heating.

I think overall it was more moisturizing then if I had just used a regular bar of soap, that’s for sure.  It has a thick creamy consistency and applies best if used with a loofah sponge.  Considering my skin is usually more sensitive, I had no reactions after using this product.  I also liked the scent and my skin did feel a bit smoother after using it.  Everyone’s skin is different, so my suggestion is if you can score a coupon : http://www.olay.ca/en-ca/Pages/offers.aspx definitely give it a try…the Total Effects line can be a bit pricier, so it would be best to try it out at a discount first to see how well it works with your skin.

Beauty Review
: Maggie Ng


Note : For any beauty questions or product submissions, please email : razmagazine@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment