Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beauty Product Review : Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser


Ole Henriksen : African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser [207 ml/7 fl oz]
Beauty Stars
: 3.8

Review : The Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser is a natural, rich, creamy anti-oxidant facial cleanser. Some key ingredients are: African red tea, pumpkin extract and black current seed oil.  I love that fact it has no parabens and is sulfate-free, as I try to use products that are natural as possible.  The time I used this product was during the winter months, so my face seemed to get really dry and tight after using this cleanser.  It says it’s for all skin types/anti-aging, but I think if I had used this during the summer, it would’ve been fine.  It cleanses really well.  It only requires 1-2 pumps and does the job.  My favourite part of the product is I LOVE the scent!

In terms of packaging, it’s great that the bottle is see-through, therefore you know when you’re almost out.  It has a foaming pump, so somehow it turns the liquid product into foam as it is being dispensed.  It is similar to those foaming handwashes available at Bath & Body Works, so someone ended up using my expensive face cleanser as handwash! Ack!  I had a few issues with the dispenser, which would get clogged every now and then. So I used a Q-Tip to clean it out.  And when the level of product gets to about 1/3rd left, it’s hard to get the product out unless you keep the container upright.

Overall I did really like this product.  My skin stayed relatively clear and had no reactions. The only thing was the dryness I experienced for my skin, but I honestly think it was due to the dry winter months.  It’s a tad on the expensive side but I would most likely buy it again.

Beauty Review : Maggie Ng
Note : For any beauty questions or product submissions, please email : maggie@maggieng.com

No comments:

Post a Comment