Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beauty Product Review : Fresh Lotus Eye Gel


Fresh : Lotus Eye Gel [15 ml/0.5 fl oz]
Beauty Stars
: 4.1

Review : The Fresh Lotus Eye Gel is deemed to reduce puffiness, dark circles and signs of fatigue, while firming the delicate skin around the eyes.  The formula blends toning lotus flower, stimulating green coffee extract and calming cucumber.

So I heard a story from a colleague about not applying eye cream or gel too close to the eyelid.  Apparently it can absorb into your tear duct and accumulate product overtime, causing MORE puffiness than normal.  She said a plastic surgeon told her that when he does eyelid surgery, he sometimes actually removes “product” from that area. EW!!!  So remember when applying any eye product, to use very little and to only apply around the orbital bone area, not too close to the eyelids. Even though you’re not applying the product close to the eyelid, it somehow makes its way there and will moisturize that entire area. The skin is very thin around the eyes, so not a lot of product is needed.

So back to Fresh, I chose this eye formula because of its gel-base. I once heard that you could develop small white bumps on the skin near your eyes if you use eye cream, but gel was ok.  The person who helped me though said it’s fine to use cream but just use very little and it should avoid that problem. I also chose this because it addresses both puffiness and darkness, whereas some eye gels/creams concentrate on one or the other.

I think due to my background in design, I’m always looking at package design – ease of use, minimalism, etc.  The Lotus Eye Gel definitely gets full points in this category.  It’s simple, it’s see-through so you know how much is left before you have to buy another one. And the pump lifts from the bottom with each pump, so that no product is wasted.  It never clogged and the plastic material they use is extremely lightweight and easy to carry in your purse. And each squirt is very precise, so you never pump out a ton a product by accident.

Overall, I didn’t find a huge difference, but it’s always good to use eye gels for preventative reasons.  I’m pretty sure whatever under eye concerns I currently have are mostly genetics, although super early morning bridal makeup gigs aren’t helping my situation.  The eye gel is definitely refreshing and if you leave it in the fridge, the cool temperature of the product will help wake you up! It absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave any residue on your skin.  The scent is ok, I think it smells like lotus flower (even though I’m not sure what lotus flower smells like) but if it had a smell, my guess is the eye gel is it. A bit pricey, $48 CAD, but a little each day goes a long way.

Beauty Review : Maggie Ng
Note : For any beauty questions or product submissions, please email : maggie@maggieng.com

No comments:

Post a Comment