Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beauty Product Review : Lise Watier Shine Control Moisturizing Gel


Lise Watier : Shine Control Moisturizing Gel [$37 CAD 50 ml]
Beauty Stars : 4

Review : I originally bought this because I had a really oily T-zone.  Somehow my face is now really dry [probably due to the uber dry winter season!], so I used it in my makeup kit instead.  But whether my skin is dry or not, I usually look for products that are oil-free [since I'm prone to acne breakouts].  This product is great because it’s a gel, it feels very light and fresh, yet moisturizing. It’s geared more for people with skin in their 20’s, so I used it a lot on models for prepping their skin before photo shoots and such.   Shine Control Moisturizing Gel is rich in apple extract [Beta-Hydrumex Complex] – so it has all the benefits of the apple for the health of your skin and even smells like apples too! Yum!

This product is recommended to be used every morning on the face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area. This is definitely a great product used on its own or even under makeup as a base. Unfortunately it doesn’t have SPF, so you’ll have to use something separate for sun protection.  I think the best part about this product is the packaging design – it’s a locked air pump, so as you use the product, you can see through the packaging exactly how much is left and product is never wasted because it gets pushed up all the way to the top.  Brilliant! I say this because a lot of products that are in tubes – if you cut the tube open after you “think” it’s done, there’s actually a lot left that didn’t get squeezed out.

Makeup Review : Maggie Ng

No comments:

Post a Comment